Peanut Plants, MidSummer Update

Peanut plants are very pretty! They remind me of Mimosa plants (The Sensitive Plant). Peanut plants are larger of course. A peanut plants leaves close-up just like a sensitive plants leaves do. So far I have noticed that a peanut plants leaves will close-up when the weather is hot, if the dirt is dry, when it's nighttime or if you stress the plant in any way.

I will touch a few of my peanut plants leaves to see if they close-up upon contact or at all. I'm surprised that I haven't tested it yet. I will share my results with you in the next few days.

At this time, 2 out of 3 of my peanut plants are doing great! One plant is dying or 'hanging on for dear life', I will move this plant into a more shady area and see if that helps at all. The other two healthy plants are sprouting yellow flowers all over them. These flowers will eventually bury themselves under the dirt where they will turn into peanuts! I'm very excited! As usual, I can't wait to eat some homegrown peanuts.

See you soon!


* SunnyStars *

No comments:

Post a Comment