Granny Smith Apple Trees Pictures and Update

Baby Granny Smith Apple Tree Pictures

The sun was really shinning that day so the pictures were
fuzzier than I expected but here you can
actually see my little apple tree!


Here you can see both of the baby Granny Smith apple trees.


One of the apple trees had just been transplanted into the larger pot.

Since these pictures were taken I have transplanted the other apple tree into a larger pot as well.

I plan to transplant both of the baby trees into larger pots if I need to.

The idea here is this :

I'm moving out of this house and into a new house before the Summer of 2010 and I am going to have a much larger back yard to work with at my new house. When I move out, I'm going to raise chickens, plant gardens and even grow my own fruit trees. This includes Granny Smith Apple Trees. I can't afford a bunch of grafted granny smith apple trees at this time and I happen to have great luck sprouting Granny Smith apple seeds. So I will take what I can get (for now).

I'm curious what color apples I may get from these trees, if any. I'm sure that you are a bit curious too! They say that it's a bad idea to grow apple trees from seeds because you never know what your going to get. Well don't you think that somebody should show you the results of the tests that proved that apple trees grown from seed are undesirable?

I will perform that test! I will let you know exactly what the apples look like, how long it takes the trees to bear fruit, and I will even try to explain what the apples taste like. Don't forget about the pictures that I will be taking throughout the entire process.

For the Record :

In the Summer of 2010, my 2 baby apple trees will have lived through an entire (year-long) growing season. Which means that they are an entire year closer to bearing fruit! YAY!

I'm also going to continue to sprout Granny Smith Apple Seeds until I get a few more trees. At the moment I am attempting to germinate 6 more Granny Smith apple seeds that I bought on eBay. I will let you know how that turns out so Stay Tuned!


Later Alligator,

* SunnyStars *

No comments:

Post a Comment